1. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect information from you when you register on our site, or fill out a form. When registering or commenting on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
The personal information we collect from you include:
– Information about the device you use to browse our website.
– Your IP address.
– Information you submit when you comment on our site (such as your username, email address & country of residence).
– Any information you provide to us if you fill out a form or contact us.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
– To personalize your browsing experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
– To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
– The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
2. Legal data protection requirements
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of your personal information by us as very important to our successful operation, and to maintaining confidence between us and our users. We ensure that our organisation treats personal information lawfully and correctly.
– we will only collect sufficient personal information for the uses set out above;
– we will not retain your personal information longer than necessary
– we will not transfer your personal information to a country outside the European Economic Area unless safeguards are in place to protect your personal information to the standards that apply within the EEA including via standard contractual clauses and Privacy Shield or where the transfer is necessary to administer a competition you have entered via our service
Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our site or other websites that you visit.
By using our service you consent to us using the following cookies:
– WordPress cookies for login/register/commenting purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
– Google Analytics cookies for tracking purposes (_ga, _gat, _gid).
– PHPSESSID, login_name, email, password cookies. Their purpose is to keep track of your sessions, so you will not have to enter your login details every time you make a comment or publishing an article.
4. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not share, sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
We take many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
– Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data.
– All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key.
Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
6. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
– obtain access to your personal information.
– prevent processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress.
– receive information about us and the purposes for which we process your personal data.
– ask us to correct any errors or delete the information we hold.
7. How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Contact form entries are retained for 6 months, Google Analytics records for 50 months.
8. Under 18s
Our service is for users who are aged 18 years old and over. We do not knowingly collect personal data from under 18s.
9. Links to other websites
11. Contact us
If you have questions regarding this policy or our handling of your personal information, please contact us here.